We recently returned from a wonderful experience to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
Highlights include our first all-inclusive resort experience (stuffing our face and sitting on the beach), hanging out with the locals while eating street tacos, and the surprisingly delicious cheeseburger on select Alaska Air flights. Is it me, or is there a food trend?
The way we make these kind of trips possible is through systematically studying and applying travel hacking and travel optimization techniques. I invite you on a journey with us through this trip report over the next two weeks and I will share some of those techniques. Feel free to ask questions in the comments section.
- Intro: The Plan – summary of trip objective and currency used.
- Air France Lounge SFO – gentle, kind, service.
- SFO-PVR on Alaska Air – interesting free texting options.
- Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta – first all-inclusive experience. Gained 8 lbs.
- Westin Puerto Vallarta – what a room upgrade!
- VIP Lounge PVR – great mixed drinks and view of the tarmac.
- PVR-SFO on Alaska Air – “that surprise burger”.